Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hangin in the HEAT

Good gracious while waiting for school to start we weren't sure what to do with ourselves except sweat and swim.  Once we're back in Doha we usually jump right back into the sand and usual scenery but I was thankful for the slow transition of a few weeks before getting back into the school routine.  We enjoyed being lazy, meeting Daddy for lunch and playing with friends as everyone trickled back to the "Land of Almost".  

These pictures are random which represents exactly how our schedule and days went.  While we did enjoy the slowness, we were GOOD and READY for school and something to do when that 1st day finally came around! 
Just a few days before Ramadan was over, we met up with the Harris family to watch the daily canon go off which is symbolic for Muslims to break their fast for the day.  Its just a loud noise but for our boys its awesome.  It brings all types of people and is just a tradition in Doha and for our family to see every year.  We joked and said how fun it would be to break out a big Texas football-style tailgate party as soon as the canon went off. 
The volume of Arabic music coming from this Qatari truck was enough to send Georgia through the roof.  The man was so excited and proud for us to take a picture...Georgia: not so much! 

We get so used to the scenery in Doha.  But to look at this picture is a strange.  This location is basically down town. Behind the camera are skyscrapers and the corniche.  Here you see some desert and Doha's incredible Tennis facility.  Its all pretty random.  If you think Houston is poorly zoned and planned...well you have no idea.  
"How will it look in 2022", is my question???
Cruisin the compound but not without hydrating!
Hello humidity!
He doesn't realize he's training his competition for the driver's seat...and my precious Bear is always along for the ride!    
We celebrated 11 years!
Dinner date at one of our favorite restaurants at Spice Market in The W Hotel.  
Lots of people use the Eid holiday to travel but we stayed home.  Nick was off for 3 days. The boys wanted to go camping but they were even more excited about Tailgating in the toy room!  We set the tent up about 5 days before the big BU/TCU game which turned out VICTORIOUS!!!!  Pretty sure it was all the the BEAR spirit coming from the Middle East!
After the big win!!
Still celebrating our win over the horny toads!!!  Go BEARS!  
The boys slept in the tent for 12 nights straight!
Our dryer broke and Brooks was enthralled with the repair man.  Dress up!
Played with Cres and Emery at Doha's version of Chucky Cheese's minus Chucky and pizza.
Nothing like a little MickeyD's to wrap things up.  
Mr. Jerry and the his Doha grand-kids at Chili's after church! I'm thinking this is the perfect Santa pic if Jerry was in his red suit and gained a few pounds! 
poor iPhone pix all of this post
I went to hear our good friend Dr. Steve Scoot give a mini concert before heading to the US last week to give the real concert at Dartmouth for a found raiser.  He is amazing!  Whatever happened to the 7 years of piano I took.   
Just a lovely reminder of my first accident in Doha.  Of course it was on a round-about. Thankfully I was the first of a minor 4 car pile-up.  Very little damage and very very nice people and police authorities.  Sure would be nice to know Arabic though!  Thanks to my husband and his co-worker who were there to translate.  Also huge thanks to my friend and neighbor Gena who jumped down the street to keep my babies for an extended amount of time during the choas of dealing with a car accident.  
Justa swingin'!

No comments: