Thursday, August 25, 2011

Farewell Houston

To wrap up our Houston rondevouz we shacked up again with our Doha family, the LaRovere's for a few last H-town nights.  They're house is so accommodating for all of our stuff plus they know the joys and pains of living out of luggage all summer.  Their type of hospitality is a gift.  Being in their home feels like being at home!  

Jackie graciously opened her backyard to host a little swim play date for some of our best Houston friends we miss so so much!  Katie, Kim and me were in the deep trenches together as first time mommies.  I take with me so many wonderful memories and lessons learned from those early years.   of laughing, crying, anxiety, stress but mostly partnership.  6 years later we have 11 babies between the 3 of us.  While I confidently know they are still loyal friends, I terribly miss the blessing of our daily friendship and interaction.  Its been 3 years since we moved and I'm still not used to their absence.
Jackie, Wendi, Katie, Kim
Our Kindergarteners!!  
Aubrey, Brooks, Kaylinn
Barrett and Emery
 Few of the crew...
Kim with Carter and other peanuts
 John David's amazing dive
Katie and adorable Lissie
 
 I'm happy to marry these 2 off in about 25 years!
Besides family, there are only a few people you can hand your kids off for life to and Katie Tuley is one for me.  I'm know she's thankful this blog isn't an official document for raising my children and that she hasn't agreed.  This girl has her hands full with 3 little ones and another coming in just a few weeks!  She's an amazing Godly woman which makes her a gifted mother, wife and friend.  
 For our last day in Houston we went to a Doha Day at the Duncans.
The Duncans were our first fast friends in Doha.  They moved to Houston last fall and again...we miss them so much.  Jackie, Lindsay, Jennie and me all came over for one last hurrah.  Crazy how we all lived in the dessert and how easily we can see each other when we're back in Houston.  So thankful for that!
Brooks, Barrett, Cooper, Cres, Jacob
Barrett, Brooks, Cooper, Macie, Emery and Jacob in already in the water
Love how everyone makes their "approach"
Emery and Macie
Brooks need to go to Cooper Camp.  Coop is one awesome kid and Brooks adores him! 
Jennie and Donna with Georgia
Sorry, I didn't get any more pictures of the ladies!
This cul-de-sac is nothin' compared to the dunes dude!

 Finding the phone to call some ladies from their pink Jeep. 













1 comment:

Jackie said...

I love all of your new posts!!! So many good pictures and so many good memories! Miss ya'll!! Isaac's face when he's on the back of the jeep cracks me up!! LOL