Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!

The boys started off their day washing "cars". Texas style of course...shirtless. After the sandstorm last week everything needed a good wash.

2 of my Valentines eager to open a few presents

New beach towels


The group gift for all my Valentines was a remote control FJ Cruiser (Nick's car)

Brooks is truly facinated with FJ's. He will spot one from miles away when we're driving around. He also is fond of Hummers but he reminds me regularly that "FJades" are his favorite. The FJ turned out to be a fun toy for all ages in our house.

The FJ doesn't compare to the Spa Day I got at the Four Seasons (yippee) so I decided to cook dinner instead of something simple or take out. Its actually one of Nick's recent favorites and its easy. So I included a picture and the recipe. If you need a new quick recipe...this is the one.

BBQ Meatloaf
1 lb ground beef
1 box Stove Top stuffing
1 cup of water
1/4 c BBQ sauce
3/4 cup of grated cheese (Velveeta or Cheddar)
Mix all of the above together. Form into 12 mealoaf balls and place them in a muffin tin. Bake for about 15 min. Top each meatloaf ball with a little BBQ sauce, continue baking for 10 min.
(obviously I made hearts last night, instead of using the muffin tin)

4 comments:

angie said...

Looks like a super fun day of LOVE! Mark will enjoy that recipe, thanks:)

shannonmichaelis said...

love all the heart action! i think i will try that recipe with turkey meat (derek no longer wants ground beef) - surely it will taste as good? spa day here we come....

Unknown said...

That sounds so yummy!!! I'm going to have to make those meatballs. Love the pictures!!! Enjoy the spa...ooooo.....

nanflan said...

Love it! I'm thinking that all your pics just look like y'all could be in Anywhere, USA...then you see the Starbuck scene and sandstorm then I'm reminded...oh wait, they're in Doha! Is it just me?