Saturday, November 3, 2012

Prayer Shower for Jen

Last week I had the previlege to help host and be apart of a really special night.  We had planned to shower my friend Jen before her baby girl arrived but little Alivia made an early appearance so we postponed our prayer shower for a few weeks later.  

I consider myself a prayerful person (its a daily and sometimes hourly essential) but last week was an incredible experience that was powerful not just for Jen but me too.  It was so intentional and one of those experiences that sharpened me spiritually. We prayed a lot scripture and lifted up the Hovis family with very specific prayers.  Jen, the other hostesses planned and organized it all.

Of course coming from Texas...parties, showers, food, decor, favors, etc...are not unfamiliar to me and they're definitely something I love to be apart of.  So my hostess partner, Jen and I planned a Sip, See and Pray complete with a pretty table scape and tasty treats.  
 Jen the honoree requested some fall"ish" foods that reminded her of home so we served apple cider, pumpkin cheesecake trifles and apple crisp (along with some other yummies)!
 Jen, Jen and me
 Betsy and Mary Anne
 Suzanne and Naomi
 Alivia, Jen and her mom...there really is nothing like a mama who travels across the world to be with her girl and baby girl! Made me miss my own so much! Sweet Alivia with blonde hair! 
I know the Lord brought me this far so that I could witness more of His abundant love through challenges, relationships and demonstrations of authentic lives being lived out in a way that can't be found anywhere else.  So thankful for my friend Jen and the others in the room that night. 

No comments: