Friday, April 24, 2009

Brisket Tacos

I'm holding out for some more pictures from Shannon before I post about the 2nd half of my week with her and sis. If you want, check out Shannon's blog for Daily Doha Diary entries and a visitor's perspective. In the mean time I wanted to share a recipe that we made while they were here. I make it often at our house and we love it. Its easy and great to serve for having friends over for a casual dinner. It makes A LOT!

Brisket Tacos

(there are a variety of recipes...I like this the best)
1 well trimmed roast
1 can Rotel - I like "mexican" the best
1 or 2 cans green chilies
1 pkg of dry Lipton Onion Soup
3/4 can of milk
1 pkg of Taco Seasoning
2 cans of pinto beans

Combine roast, Rotel, green chilies, onion soup and milk in the crockpot. Cook on high for 5 hours (or until the roast falls apart with a fork). Shred the roast and add pinto beans and taco seasoning and turn to low for an additional hour.

Serve with tortillas, cheese, avacado and sour cream or any other favorite taco toppings!




2 comments:

shannonmichaelis said...

so didn't shred the roast at the right time b/c my internet was down (dont know why). and didn't put it on low. so overcooked the meat and it's in pieces like at a bbq restaurant. still good, but not wendi quality. went and bought mobile me today - once i get it figured out in the next few days then i will upload the photos on there for all the watkins/smith bunch to enjoy. sorry for the delay in getting them to you....

nanflan said...

We had a lazy day around here so I tried this recipe and love it! We made it with Jalapeno Ranch Style Beans so it was hot like hot! Keep the recipes coming...