Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Doha Days at home...

Our last few days in Doha have been spent at home. Brooks has been mastering his potty training skills so we've been trying to stay busy with all kinds of activities at home. As you can see Brooks got into a little fun on his own.

Shhhh...we're not telling his Daddy! He got into my purse and was just practicing his cosmetology skills. And what's up with the great smile. Why can't I get that when I really want it?



One of our best friends, Miss Katie gave us these Window Markers with some new airplane toys. They're awesome and hey...we're living in a temporary house. Why not let Barrett try them out too?



Tonight I found this little package on my porch. A neighbor dropped these DP's by with a sweet note. She saw me wearing a Baylor shirt earlier this week, happened upon them and thought of us. Truly a taste of home! She and her husband are from Oklahoma but have lots of BU family. They also have a yellow lab so we instantly connected. As you can imagine the DP's are hard to find. I'm definitely missing some serious DP and the REAL thing is truly a treat...dessert in fact. Thank you Debbie!

5 comments:

Caryn said...

Maybe you need to give Brooks a dab of lip gloss before your next photo shoot :)

DP on the doorstep would be a treat to me right here in Dallas, so I am sure it was EXTRA special in Doha, I am so glad that people are already realizing how wonderul you are and making you feel welcome.

Ashley Hall said...

So funny of Brooksie! And what a great smile cutie pie! Love that DP! What a treat!

Hunter, Amanda, Hudson and Maddie said...

those colors are awesome! i need to get some of those! such cute pictures of the boys. glad the potty training is going good!

Jenni said...

I have loved reading your stories...Your family are in our thoughts and prayers! Saw on FB your craving for Chick-fil-A...sorry I wish I could help! When you come back to Houston, we will hook you up sista!

How it Began said...

I love Brooks picture!!! I think mascara should be the next step. Those window crayons look great! I'm so glad it sounds like you have some good people around you. Thank goodness for people who like DP and dogs. That's always a good combo. Miss you.