Sunday, January 25, 2009

Chili in Doha

By "chili" I mean CHILI BOWL! I took Brooks to get his haircut today and we came home with a chili bowl cut...seriously??? Seriously we did! It could be worse but its pretty funny and cute too. Doha actually has children's haircut places similar to Cool Cuts for Kids, back at home in Texas. I never know if I'm getting a rookie or a stylist who is good with kids at those places. I asked this kind Phillipeno man to keep his hair long on the top, just trim above the ears, neck and out of the eyes. I guess he did what I asked! He started using the clippers so I told him not to. He said we needed to :) Nick hasn't seen the new "bowl" but he'll like it. He'd prefer that his boys' hair be shorter than the hair on their arms. I obviously prefer a little longer. So glad we have boys for things like this. Coming out with a different look than anticipated is always easier with boys especially when you're in Doha.





Oh and by the way it is "chilly" here. Not cold but chilly. It actually gets very cold in our house because of the cement walls and tile floors. We've been using our space heaters a lot. During the day its 21 degrees C and in the evening its around 14 degrees C. That's around 69 F and 57 F for the English in us all!

8 comments:

shannonmichaelis said...

oh dear - so many of those for aaron and shane growing up. it's inevitable!

Shannon said...

I think it's precious! Sister - just be thankful it grows the way it does! If I could get L's hair to lay down like that.....I would grow it out in a heartbeat! Love you and miss yoU!

nanflan said...

Too cute!I noticed that Brooks is becoming a ham for the camera lately! One thing with having a girl is you can just let the hair grow for a long while...what's up with all the Filipinos living in Doha?

Caryn said...

I love it! He is so cute you could shave it and it wouldn't matter. That is chilly!! Hope you staying warm.

angie said...

Lovin' the chili bowl!!! It reminds me of a great 90's haircut:) Still the cutest thing ever!

Katie Tuley said...

LOVE IT!!!! Beooks looks like he's pretty pleased with it. Barrett is adorable on his first day of school. I am glad to hear he took right to it; it gives me hope with John David.

Ashley Hall said...

oh how cute! i love that chilly bowl so much! what a little stud! and what ham for the cam!

Jan said...

Loved catching up with your blog! Great pics! Miss you again, but it was wonderful to see you at Christmas! Aunt Jan