Friday, May 3, 2013

Goodbye to Grace Fellowship

Its very hard to put into words how our church in Doha helped to transform our lives as Christians and followers of Jesus.  Obviously its not the building, services, programs, Bible studies or any other practical "to-dos".  Its the group, the Body, the people, the nations, etc.  And its nothing we were looking for or expected to find.  My eyes have been opened and my heart has changed thanks to God's beautiful grace.  I'm humbled he would be so patient with me.  Honestly I remember it being a a tough adjustment getting used to a very basic simple no show church.  Hum...similar to the way Jesus began His ministry and idea for the church.  
Nick and I were critical and nothing but self-serving when we first arrived and wanted to dissect everything that wasn't what we were used to.  Turns out what we were used to was a legalistic, traditional, narrow minded and judgemental worship and faith.  God has a plan and purpose for everyone in His time and how He gets to the heart of what really matters.  I have never felt more loved, convicted, broken, changed and transformed.  
As He does, God used people to show us what His church looks like and what His love really means.  Through Grace Fellowship we were changed. Nick and I were honored to serve in some ways that truly blessed us.  Nick served as one of the few finance team members.  I was thankful to be a Mops coordinator and also serve on the women's ministry board as the outreach coordinator.  
These pictures are from our last Friday at Grace.  I'm thankful we can leave Doha knowing our faith isn't in our church or cultural/religious traditions, which is for the most part where my faith was when I left Texas for this middle eastern adventure. 
However, we will terribly miss that beautiful picture of what heaven must look like...and the people that make up true examples of brothers and sisters!
 


6 comments:

Courtney said...

Wow this is truly amazing. And I have been blessed by your blog. Me and my husband just moved here to Doha and were wondering how it would be on our faith moving to a place like Doha. To hear that this is a church filled with love and not legalism is so encouraging. Over the past year we have been learning about the truth of God's amazing grace. It is all about Jesus. We are excited to visit this new church! Thank you again!

Therese Viau said...

Hello,

Where is this church located please?

thank you,
Irene

amadi said...

Hello :) I loved the pictures. Please put the address of the church if its still there and maybe if you have more international churches in Qatar? I am from Ukraine and looking into going to Qatar to work there and I would like to know if there is a Christian church available.
Here is my email: lanasummer@gmail.com

I tryed sending an email to Grace fellowship but the e-mail address doesnt work anymore... :(
Help is highly appreciated! God bless :)

Anonymous said...

hi, please tell me the church's contact info like place and their number. I have been here in Doha for 4 months and I have been searching for fellowship group to attend to.
Please advise and may God continue to bless you and your wonderful family.

Stefan Macedonia said...

Greetings from Macedonia. Maybe God will open door for me for work in Qatar. But I would like to have connection with live Church there. How can I have contact?

Suman Agarwal said...

Maids in Qatar
Get part time female maid and nanny services on hourly basis for residential and commercial cleaning in Doha, Qatar. For more info visit - http://the-cleanteam.com/